I.
Bear trap snapped, crunched
her auburn ankle of fur,
bloody, vulnerable howls.
I was the only one around
but would I risk my own life
to save this sobbing, powerful beast,
this Bear of transformation,
II.
Come, broken one, be worthless with me.
We’ll never try to validate the valueless
(ourselves).
We’re equals—both products of a
forsaken sacred marital union.
No arguments— in Zen with our nullity.
You won’t say, underhandedly, how my ass
looks fat in these shorts
and I won’t complain about your missing bowtie.
Tucked in each other’s arms, my comrade,
Ashley Bear,
we are secure.
You teach me how to talk to foreboding, verboden
God
and a flighty, flakey Higher Self.
And I give life to your otherwise
cotton-stuffed state of Turiya.
Until:
III.
You were replaced by the embrace of a man,
the figurehead, transformed.
Not into a better version.
No, a carnivorous butterfly.
And I thought
they were so damn great
with their masculine charm,
endearing awkwardness
so I let them act as my Higher Self.
Conflicted.
IV.
I’ve gotta save her from the trap,
take the risk of her jaw snapping hard
for the path I’m following
is leading me to extinction
anyhow.
I’ve gotta get my Bear back.
I’ve gotta save the sobbing beast
to invoke the Bear in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment