For J.R.C.
For the first time, I’m in love, mutual & real.
It’s not the “love” delusion: one-sided, clusterfucked,
chaotic & complicated, drunken BLEVEs,
when I waited for frayed electrical plugs to
attach to my heart sockets. Then caught on fire.
“Love” was incomplete,
temporarily corrupted me.
Repeatedly trying to prove my worth was a diversion
as it reeled in & putrefied my heart inside its iron fist.
Eventually disillusioned, I let go & it reluctantly let me go.
I had to give up before I could find you.
Oh and we’re both skeptics—doubting it’ll last.
Our egos always want more certainty.
We wait for a perfectly comfortable explosion,
while missing the answers, barely audible
by ears accustomed to detonations of mayhem & mania.
Tomorrow’s not guaranteed. Perfection is imperfection.
Simplify love & simplify life. Accept what is:
Simple joy & beauty of just being with you.
Simple truth that I’m here, so I must belong here.
Simply sharing our suffering & joy, our contentment.
Simple.
This, here & now exactly as it is, is happiness.
I’m blissful in the moment.
Simply…intense, it’s indescribable.
I see & feel it to my core when I look in your eyes…
Such a sweet poem <3
ReplyDelete