07 February 2014

We'll All Be Cold Corpses



Give me a kiss before you leave me.

I see each person & I know
each will die,
I picture them dead,
withered, pasty, and grey.
Your currently bright & gorgeous
blue-eyed, electric to my soul, face—
bloodless, blue, cold, soul gone.
My brown-eyed Susan who emanates
compassion & agape, uplifts everyone—
bloodless, breathless, spirit elsewhere.
And the waitress, the pianist,
that bitch I don’t know…
will all be cold corpses.
And it makes me want to treat you all better,
myself better.
Life is impermanent,
all the more special.

2 comments:

  1. Cruising through the random blogs and happen to come across your poetry. I wanted to pass along my gratitude as the word choice and play fit well together. It seems a bit redundant to continue down a path that vocalizes the "love" of you life but this tends to be the case with many poets. I personally find the other poetry stirs more imagery to my mind and soul.

    Anyway, keep up the vibes. We should play scrabble sometime...you have some killer words but I think I could keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When brown eyes can no longer be seen my soul will still be connected to you, my darling daughter. I will never leave you.

    ReplyDelete