"Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others." -Wikipedia
"Psychobabble (n): language that is used by people who talk about mental and emotional problems and that is seen as silly or meaningless : psychological jargon" -Webster
Have I built this City between me & you?
A body, an outfit, coat, scarf, gloves, hat,
a desk, shelves, computer, phone, cubicle,
a maze of cubicles, an office, fluorescent lights above, carpet below,
6 flights up, 6 flights down to ground level, filling the massive expanse of not a
building but a fucking Business Center, surrounded by more just like it
(banks, schools, stores, warehouses, houses, landfills, shelters, churches, malls)
with electrical lines & skyscrapers & jets & planes & satellites tacked to the sky,
a wall of traffic, buses & cars & trains all lugging like a monolithic barge
over the feet & miles of impervious surfaces which mask a convoluted sewage system,
& a conglomerated glut of other structures I can’t think of.
Blue sky, which reflected grey at New Year's on the buildings & clusterfuck
reflects on the rooftops & concrete now
like my mind reflects/projects over top of everything I see:
psychobabble, intense then dispelled feelings, complicating & simplifying
to the point that I truly can never see absolute Truth.
If you even exist (or am I just talking to & praying & pleading at the sky?)
I can never truly see you, God.
Can’t even truly see others, or myself.
I have built this City between me & you.
I have built this City of Denial.
This is excellent. City of Denial. Wow
ReplyDelete