
Today, Dan had to go pick up his new bicycle baskets and get them installed, and I went along and took my Specialized Expedition. I had the intention of trading it in for something a little more ride-able, a little more efficient, and a little more comfortable for commuting (as opposed to the granny ride-in-the-park type of comfort that I had with Lady Gray). I didn't think they would have anything for me, and if they did, I thought it would be out of my price range, because I'm trying to hoard money so that it'll get me through July. But I tried out a few bicycles anyway, and one ended up working out: an older model, scratched up Trek 330 with gear shifters on the body and even a little "flick stand". They were sort of hesitant at first, but they just traded it to me for the Expedition. They probably got the long end of the stick, but hell, that bike was such an energy hog that I couldn't go more than a mile without wanting to die, and sitting upright on it really put stress on my tailbone. From what I've read online about this model, it's a late '80s touring bike. It looks like this picture only it's red, it has different handle bars, and the paint is peeling off. So, in 2 weeks, after we get back from Seattle and the weekend before school is out, Charlie at the Bicycle Hospital will have changed the tires, put a new seat on, and made the necessary adjustments and I'll have a new (to me) bicycle to take on adventures this summer.
rock on! I'm antsy about getting this Soma I have set up for me, but cash flow has been stuck in negative for some time (say since I was in IPFW). I'm sorry that the Expedition didn't work out for you the way I'd hoped. I feel responsible since you asked for my advice and I pushed you towards that model.
ReplyDelete